Marketing, Advertising, and PR
Whether you sell to consumers or other businesses, you need to identify your potential customers and go after them. Skillful marketing, advertising and PR plans have made small businesses into Fortune companies. The industry is full of companies that can help small business owners market to their target audiences without breaking the bank.
- Branding: You Are What Your Customers Perceive - What do your customers think when they think of your company? Learn the basics of building an effective brand.
- Build a Business Identity - Learn how to create a business identity - logo, stationery, packaging, web presence, etc. - that reinforces your image and your brand.
Marketing Your Product
- Identify and Develop Your Most Profitable Customers - Learn how to analyze each customer in terms of profitability so you can improve operating margins.
- Know Your Market: Market Research - Learn how to determine if a good idea can become a great and profitable idea for your company.
- Simple, Effective, and Inexpensive Marketing - Simple marketing techniques can complement any advertising campaign. Learn a basic strategy to reach out and attract more customers.
- Pricing for Sales - Setting a price is easy; setting the right price involves weighing a number of internal and external factors. Learn how to develop profitable pricing strategies for your business.
- Sell More Before Customers Leave the Store - Increase in-store sales by improving the customer experience and enhancing opportunities for cross-sales and add-on sales.
- Measuring Advertising Effectiveness - How do you determine whether advertising spending is cost-effective? Learn simple ways to measure the effectiveness of your advertising efforts.
- Small Business Innovation - Innovation is not limited to major corporations. Master a simple approach to creatively solving your small business’ customer and corporate problems.
- Mass Market Advertising - Despite the onslaught of web marketing, traditional forms of advertising remain incredibly effective. Learn how print, radio, and television advertising can pay off for your business.
Planning Your Marketing Strategy
- Planning Your Overall Marketing Program - Marketing is much more than advertising; learn how to create an overall strategy and plan that generates tangible results and a great return on your marketing investment.
- Know Your Competition - Learn how to perform basic competitive analysis in order to stay one step ahead of your competition and to identify potential threats from new competitors.
- Gain a Competitive Edge: Create Customer Loyalty - Read here about the different types of customer loyalty and how you can keep your customers coming back for more.
- Know Your Customers: Customer Profiles - Who are your best customers? Here are some ideas for creating a simple customer profile and use the results to increase revenues and market share.
- Know Your Market: Develop a Market Analysis - Learn how to perform a market analysis to decide whether to enter a market, expand territories, or offer new products and services.
- Grow Your Business: New Products and Services - Innovation need not require expensive research and development; listen to your customers and adapt and evolve to their needs.
- Grow Your Business: New Markets - Growing a business does not always require expanding your product line; instead, leverage current products and services into new territories.
- Public Relations - An Overview - New tools have made getting free publicity easier than ever. Learn the basics, including different ways you can leverage public relations to grow your business.
- Create Your Own Public Relations Campaigns - You don't need to hire a public relations firm to get the word out; learn how to develop your own public relations campaigns.
- Write and Distribute Great Press Releases - Learn how to write, format, and create attention-grabbing press releases and how to distribute your press releases for maximum impact and exposure.
- Partner with the Media - The media needs you as much as you need them; learn how to establish a relationship with reporters and journalists, and enhance your public relations efforts in the process.
- PR Resources - This section features an extensive link list capturing nearly every publication, Internet site and organization that addresses public relations issues.
- Create Effective Ads - Learn the basic components of an effective ad, including emotional and rational appeals and how to create a call to action.
- Build Market Awareness with Promotions - Master the basics of building customer loyalty through sales, memberships, loyalty programs, and other promotional efforts.
- Maximize Return on Advertising Spending - Don't spend advertising dollars blindly. Learn how to evaluate your advertising to make sure it is as effective and efficient as possible.
- Developing Successful Sales Brochures - A successful brochure builds market awareness, enhances image, describes products and services, and creates a call to action. Learn to do this here.
- Successful Direct Mail Marketing - Direct mail has made a comeback in recent years. Create an effective direct mail campaign that generates new customers and increased revenues.
- How to Write a Newsletter that Works - Newsletters not only inform and entertain; learn how, with the right focus, they can also serve as great advertising and promotional tools.
- Put Your Best Business Foot Forward: Powerful Presentation Skills - Overcome anxiety through preparation and thinking of your audience first. This section also offers basic tips for handling media interviews.
- Creating a Unified Marketing Plan - Reaching potential customers can require a blend of marketing activities; learn about three ways to generate new customers and build long-term loyalty.
- Make Your Website Work for You - A website is often the first impression a business makes on potential customers; learn simple ways to ensure your website works for both you AND your customers.
- Permission-Based E-Mail Marketing - Look here for jargon-free guidance on market research, mailing lists, HTML and text formats, e-letter design and construction, effective copy writing and more.