HSA Tax Advantages
You can benefit from the excellent tax advantages of a Health Savings Account. Check out our list below of great tax advantages for account holders.
What tax advantages does my HSA have?
- 100 percent tax-deductible contributions
- Tax-deferred fund growth
- Tax-free spending on eligible expenses
- Rollover funds from year to year
I’m not sure what this means…
- Tax-deductible: Contributions to your HSA can be deducted from your gross income
- Tax-deferred: Your HSA funds grow without being subject to taxes until they are used for non-eligible medical expenses
- Tax-free: Your HSA funds are not taxed as long as you use them for eligible expenses
Federal or state or both?
The federal government makes HSAs available, but states may also offer tax benefits for HSAs. Contact your state tax resource to find out if your HSA qualifies for state tax benefits.
How do I keep track of my expenses?
We make it easy for you with Online Banking. Account holders must keep a record of eligible expenses when using the HSA. Here’s how we can help you keep track:
- Records of debit card transactions
- Images of your written checks
- Account activity, as far back as 18 months
- eStatements, as far back as seven years
Can I even use my phone to manage my HSA?
Yes, our Mobile Banking can help you:
- Check balances
- Pay bills
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Make check deposits to your account
Open an HSA Account