2019 Annual Report Highlights
Jefferson Bank as a part of Central Bancompany saw continued success in 2019 with another record year.
2019 was another record year for our company with strong and improved performance across all key metrics. We were rewarded with our efforts by being named on the "Best Banks in America" by Forbes Magazine. We were ranked 17th on the list and the highest-rated bank headquartered in the state of Missouri. Below are the key financial highlights for 2019:
- 18.1% increase in net income from $177.6 million in 2018 to $209.6 million in 2019. Included in 2019 is a gain on securities of $7.9 million unlike in 2019 when there was a securities loss of $5.5 million.
- 1.54% Return on Assets compared to our peers who earned 1.19%.
- 12.9% increase in total assets to $14.9 billion in 2019; a $1.8 billion increase that includes organic growth and acquisitions.
- 18.1% increase in earnings per share from $40.13 in 2018 to $47.38 in 2019.
- 9.2% increase in shareholder book value.