Your Mortgage Application Checklist
Congratulations on your decision to buy your first home! With the nerves and excitement kicking in, it’s important to remember to take a step back to make sure you’re ready for a seamless and stress-free mortgage application.
The first step to buying your first home is getting prequalified. It’s important to know what you can afford from the beginning so you can browse the market to find a home within your price range. Getting prequalified is quick and easy. You can do so online or by stopping in to see us at any Jefferson Bank location.
Here’s a list of the documents we’ll need once you’ve decided to proceed with the loan:Employment Income Verification
- Last two years of W-2 statements and a consecutive 30 days of paystubs including year-to-date earnings
- Proof of additional income earnings – Social Security, Child Support, Alimony
- Current and prior year Personal Federal Tax Returns
- (If Self-Employed) Current and prior year Business Federal Tax Returns, all pages and schedules with Year-to-date Profit and Loss Statement
- Last three months of your checking, savings, and investment statements
- Signed sales contract and any addendums on the purchase of the home
- Name and telephone number of insurance agent
- Title company or settlement name and contact info
- Copy of Earnest Money Check
- Copy of Photo ID and/or Permanent Resident Alien card – if applicable
- Copy of Revocable Trust - if applicable
- Copy of recorded Divorce Decree - if applicable
Additional information may be needed depending on your individual circumstances.